Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Birthday Candles Can Be Reused...without anyone noticing!!

While I’ve been dealing with what life throws at me this summer and into the new school year, I have fallen farther and farther behind.  Sometimes, it is just hard to keep up with the punches!!  Soooo….Here’s to being more caught up…and catching up on a few blog entries I’ve taken pictures of but never written!!

My daughter’s birthday was this weekend.   I learned a new money saving trick and took pictures for a new blog entry.  However, as I review the pictures I have stored on my computer,  I see that I still have pictures from her LAST birthday to write about.  I can’t believe it has taken me over a full year to get around to it.
Did you know that those candles you put on birthday cakes do NOT have to be thrown out after ONE use?? 
How much of the candle do you use after one use? 
Each candle COULD be used 2-3 times, depending on how much wax you burn through!!
Once you pull them out of the cake.... just rinse them off, dry them and put them back in the box and use them for another birthday moment!! 
In case you were worried about looking "cheap"...this is what they look like BEFORE they were lit!
Once the candles are lit, NO ONE can tell that they were reused!!
These are the REUSED candles on my daughter's "PURSE" themed birthday cake.
I know that is just saving a few “pennies”…but my favorite quote by Benjamin Franklin is “a little leak can sink a great ship”.  For me, this is an epitome of the application of this philosophy!!
 Happy Stretching Pennies...

P.S.  In the 14 years we have been married, we have only purchased 2 boxes of birthday candles...so I guess this "saving candles" has more than paid off over the years to be more than  a few "pennies", huh?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! My mom always saved the candles from our birthday cakes, so do I. I shared your tip on my blog post about natural birthday candles today:http://www.oliviacleansgreen.com/2013/04/natural-birthday-candles-how-to-clean.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts. Natural garden candles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is one of the most meaningful information for me. And I'm animated reading your article. But should remark on some general things, the website style is perfect; the articles are great. Thanks for the ton of tangible and attainable help. Happy Birthday Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read !! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Birthday Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. fake id to buy online
    We are an independent group of IT experts and database technicians those helping to found fake Ireland drive license. We are specialized in the production of passport, SSN, Drivers license, I.D cards, and many other documents. All the documents we produce fake posses most if not all of the security features found on state issued documents. We have been producing passport, license, SSN, I.D cards, for countries like Ireland , UK, Germany, USA, Sweden etc for over 10years now
    fake id to buy online

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the exact handy and even useful written and published and find out just what exactly most people evaluate most people. profumatori bastoncino

    ReplyDelete