Thursday, July 21, 2011

Reusing your plastic bags can save YOU money!

Going “green” can benefit YOUR finances and not just the environment!   Did you know that bringing your own grocery bags can save you money???  Each store’s policy is different, but generally you can save 5 cents per bag you use.  (Last time I went to the grocery store I saved .48 cents—enough to get my bunch of bananas for FREE!)
FYI: This is the information I have about particular store’s policies:
Stores that DO offer this benefit:
  • Raley’s
  • WinCo (They offer 6 cents per bag you use.)
  • Save Mart
  • Target
Stores that do NOT offer this benefit:
  • Walmart
  • Safeway
  • Smith’s (BUT the have substituted with giving you 5 “points” on your "value card"…which equals $5 worth of “points”.)
Happy Stretching Pennies!
P.S. I have a plastic bag stored in my glove compartment of my car for those "impromptu" visits to the grocery store or Target so I can save without having to "plan".  (It can also double as an impromptu garbage bag.)

No comments:

Post a Comment